Mim Aylett-Palmer has a BA (Hons) in Humanities with a major in Fine Art. She is a Reiki Master, possesses a diploma in Past Life Regression and Hypnotherapy, and is an experienced muralist and Specialist Decorator.
She paints because she loves to, because it is the medium through which she can examine, express and honour herself and the world around her, and because she’d probably explode if she didn’t.
The process of painting is, to Mim, both a form of meditation and an active and essential transmission of spirit, both hers and Cornwall’s: she works to establish a feeling of kinship and affect between a painting and a viewer; to attain the human connection that is art’s greatest achievement.
Mim is on the register of British Artists, but has international reach – she has exhibited in and completed commissions for clients and collectors from countries across the world.
She is proud to be a 'Freedom Artist', having exhibited work in 2015 & 2018 as part of the Passion for Freedom Art Festival in the Mall Galleries and The Royal Opera House Gallery, London, and was shortlisted for inclusion in the annual show for the Society of Women Artists in 2017. Her work is part of an exhibition of the work of international women painters entitled ‘Ladies First’ on Artist Table Online. She also has a Saatchi Art artist profile.
- Brave Boutique Online Art Auctions, ongoing
- The Mowhay, Trebetherick, Cornwall, ongoing
- Solo show, The Green HeArt Cafe, Newquay, Cornwall
- The Trafalgar Roundabout Giant Hedgehogs, A Collaboration with Emma Scott, BA (Hons)
- Art8 Newquay, The Green HeArt Cafe, Newquay, Cornwall
- The Affordable Arts Fair, Lumiarts Gallery, Pimlico, London
- 'Passion For Freedom 11,' The Royal Opera Arcade Gallery, London
- 'Lightwave,' The Rock Institute, Rock, Cornwall
- Shortlisted - Society of Women Artists, The Mall Galleries, London
- 'Art and the Map of Cornwall,’ Pop Gallery, Wadebridge, Cornwall
- 'Passion For Freedom 8,' The Mall Galleries, London
- Ladies First: International Women Artists, Online Exhibition
Mim has work featured in:
- Passion for Freedom Retrospective: 10 Years of the Freedom Arts Festival, Passion for Freedom, 2018
- Amelia Found, Millicent Stone, 2019
"When we walked into the gallery in Rock, my wife remembers that ‘We Can Do This’ was the first piece which caught my eye. I cannot begin to put into words how it felt to... see this gorgeous picture emerging from the parcel.
It’s a privilege to have this special piece of yours, especially as it hangs with our other two, testament to your amazing skill in rendering emotion in such diverse ways, from the bold and simple brushstrokes of ‘Mother [of Dragons]’ to the intricate work in ‘We Can Do This’. I adore the way you use light, and the power expressed in the clenched adult fist, juxtaposed with the baby’s reaching hand, is just one of the many pleasures which will refresh and inspire us every time we look at the new addition to our tiny collection of your wonderful work. I’ll save your blushes and just say that there’s a huge depth of pleasure to be had in every one of your pieces.
So thank you again, Mim, for your skill and humanity in producing your amazing work."
Mr and Mrs A. 'We Can Do This', December 2019
"I just adore this picture. It was delivered quickly and packaged exceptionally. Things went so smoothly. Highly recommended."
Artfinder user, 'Cat', August 2019